Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Ultimate recipe swap

For a few years now I have been packing treats in my son's school lunch for V-day. I like to make a balanced meal with a theme for holidays. I pack a heart shaped PB&J, strawberries, a treat, and a "LOVE" note from mommy. I'm packing a heart shaped sugar cookie this year! Here is the recpie. Also check out ways to have a Frugal Valentine's Day here.

3-1/4 cups flour
1 -1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup shortening
2 eggs
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
2 TB milk
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt

I mix all the ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate 2-3 hrs. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. lightly grease cookie sheet. Roll out dough and cut with floured cookie cutters. Place cookies 1/2 inch apart. Bake 8 mins or until very light brown. Remove cookies. Place on cooling racks. When cooled frost and decorate as you want!

Thanks http://lifeasmom.com/ for hosting such a yummy swap!

1 comment: