1) Go to a Kids Workshop at Home Depot and Lowes. You get to build and keep all sorts of cool projects. You can check their websites or call the store for more details.
2) Visit http://www.omahapubliclibrary.org/kidspot for free programs and events.
3) Enjoy one of Omaha's festivals or parades, including Cinco de Mayo, Florence Days, Millard Days, Ralston Days, Lavista Days, Taste of Omaha and Septemberfest.
4) http://www.fontenelleforest.org/index.html and http://www.ocm.org/ (Omaha Children's Museum) usually has 1 or 2 free days a year and we always enjoy going there.
5) There is always the Jazz on the Green concert series in July and August, located outside the
Joslyn Art Museum, or the Playing with Fire concert series May-September on the Riverfront.
6) Visit the Gerald R Ford Birth Site and Gardens.
7) Enjoy the Mt Vernon Gardens.
8) Check out the Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts.
9) Tour the First National's Spirit of Nebraska's Wildernes and Pioneer Courage Park, Heartland of America Park, Memorial Park and the Cancer Survivors Park.
10) Go for a "slide" at the Gene Leahy Pedestrian Mall, and then walk around the pond.
11) Enjoy our history at the Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail Visitor Center.
12) Visit the Mormon Trail Center.
13) Go to http://www.cityofomaha.org/parks/parks-a-facilities/search-parks?pid=all to get a full list of all the parks in Omaha. There is over 100! Wouldn't it be fun to visit every park just because:)?
14) Offutt Air Force Base airshow in August (Bellevue) is always a hit and is FREE!
If you can come up with any other Free activities in or near Omaha please feel free to post them in the comment section at the end of the post.